There are plenty of religious monuments on can visit at a close distance from our hotel:
- In Trikorfo, Fokida, you will find the (female) Holy Monastery of Saints Nektarios & Fanourios, where a small copy of the catacombs of Rome is located.
- Then the Holy Monastery of Saints Augustine Ipponos and Seraphim of Sarov is a spiritual oasis. This male monastery is known for its 400 semantron instruments and 62 bells. Every year thousands of pilgrims arrive and, in the past, it has been also known with the name “Paparokades”.
- At the southwestern end of Fokida is the historic monastery of Varnakova (1077), dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin. Among the sights of the Monastery, the miraculous icon of Panagia Varnakova is dominating.
- Going to Nafpaktos, a monastic paradise is the Holy Monastery of the Transfiguration of the Savior in Skala, Nafpaktia, a modern monastery (1977) that changed local history and brought missionary monasticism in the area.
- A bit far away, in the Dendro district, is the Holy Monastery of Panagia Gorgoepikoou, a small, simple, but hospitable monastery, where the nuns will welcome you. It was founded in 1951 by Archimandrite Arsenios Koumbouya and is a real sanctuary with important social and religious work.
- Leaving Nafpaktos behind, Agios Andreas, in Patras, is the largest Orthodox church in Greece and one of the largest in the Balkans.
- On the other side, among the magnificent rocks with their eternal beauty and grandeur, the Byzantine monastery of Kleisoura, the Monastery of Zoodochou Pigi “Eleousis” is built, found at the 20th km of the National Road Messolonghi–Agrinio. The church of Panagia Eleousa, is one of the most beautiful monasteries in our country and a great pilgrimage center as well as a point of reference for the religious life of the place.